Superb 5 bedroom country house in idyllic surroundings with studio/pool house, infinity pool and garden.
Spectacular views and close proximity to the town of Clermont L’Hérault, Lake Salagou and the A75 motorway.
Ideal as Chambre d’hôtes, gite potential or as a beautiful contemporary family home with guest accommodation.
This impressive property on 3702m2 of land offers elegant and spacious accommodation and the possibility of a commercial activity in the form of a bed and breakfast or gite accommodation. Ideally situated in a sought after location with stunning surroundings, it’s an exceptional contemporary property but with many beautiful character features.
The main house comprises a total of 325m2 habitable space.
Ground floor: with beautiful travertine floors throughout, comprises:
- a spacious hallway (11m2) with impressive stone staircase with bespoke wrought iron balustrade, a separate wc and cloakroom. Access to the cellar (30m2).
- fully fitted traditional style kitchen (21m2) with marble topped island and worktops and a range style cooker, utility room (4m2) and pantry (1,7m2). Two sets of french doors lead out onto the ornamental garden to the front of the property and a stable back door leads to the rear garden.
- Magnificent double height, double level living /dining room (85m2) with suspended wood burning stove dividing the space and exposed beams. On the upper level the dining area (32m2) has french doors leading out onto a terrace and enclosed garden. On the lower level the lounge area has 5 sets of double french doors, flooding the room with light and seamlessly flowing from outside to in.
- on the other side of the hallway is a study (25m2) with french doors and and an open fireplace
- a few steps lead up to a hallway (11m2) leading to:
- bedroom 1 (20m2) with ensuite shower room (3m2)
- bedroom 2 (13m2) with ensuite shower room (3m2)
- bedroom 3 /studio (42m2) with ensuite shower room (4m2). This spacious and light room has 2 sets of french doors leading out onto a terrace and a balcony overlooking the ornamental garden. There is a corner kitchen area with sink. This flexible space could easily be converted into an independent studio apartment, easily separated from the main house and with it’s own entrance, ideal as a gite, a longer let or for a granny flat.
Upstairs, on either side of the landing are 2 bedrooms with beautiful reclaimed wide oak floorboards and exposed beams:
- bedroom 4 (25m2) with wood burning stove
- bedroom 5 (26m2), the master bedroom with free standing cast iron roll top bath, perfect for bathing with a view over the gardens. This bedroom has 2 sets of french doors, 2 dressing rooms and an ensuite shower room with walk through shower.
This spacious and elegant house has been conceived with the highest quality materials and a close attention to detail. It’s light and capacious rooms, with french doors leading onto the garden make the most of the space and offer generous and flexible accommodation. With double glazing throughout, a centralised vacuum system, reversible underfloor heating, a water softener and solar generated hot water, it benefits from all the modern conveniences.
The pool house, situated in an elevated position above the main house and enjoying spectacular views, could be rented out as a gite or could be guest accommodation for visiting family. Itis the perfect spot for a party or just to enjoy a sundowner, whilst soaking up the sun and the wonderful scenery or taking a dip in the infinity pool.
It offers 29m2 of habitable space, with sliding glass doors the full length of the front facade and comprises:
- living room with kitchenette and wood burning stove (14m2)
- bedroom (12m2) with ensuite shower room (3m2)
The pool is surrounded by a paved terrace with covered seating area.
Clermont L’Herault is ideally situated between the mountains of the Haut Languedoc, the plains covered with vineyards and olive groves and the sunny mediterranean beaches. For lovers of water sports, walking and cycling, Lake Salagou is on it’s doorstep aswell as all the river and gorges of the Herault valley for canoeing and paddle boarding. The airports and train stations of Montpellier and Beziers are 51 and 46kms away. There is direct access to the A75 motorway which takes you north to central France and south towards Spain. This is a town and a region abundant with wine, sunshine and fantastic scenery, come and see for yourselves!
All measurements are approximate.
- Tipo de Inmueble
- tipo vivienda
- Clase especial
- B&B - huésped
- Residencia < 1 HA
- Tamaño de la vivienda
- 354 m²
- Tamaño de la parcela
- 3.702 m²
- Cuartos de baño suplementarios
- Doble acristalamiento
- Casa de huéspedes
- Pool House
- Internet banda ancha