This great quality property is ideally located in a high part of Niort, above the Sèvre, near all amenities.
It has a surprising setting combining the advantages of town life and the serenity of country life.
You will find the listed market hall, shops and supermarkets in walking distance.
The ring roads are close. The nearest junctions to the A10 and A83 motorways are about 17km. The Marais Poitevin is only 10km by car and nearer if you use the path along the river. Fontenay-le-Comte, La Rochelle (and its airport with international flights) and Poitiers are 35, 66 and 78km.
The manor house:
Once a hotel and restaurant, this remarkable construction has been renovated to a high standard, using natural material such as lime painting and respecting the original features. It is now a very welcoming and comfortable Guest House. The insulation is very good.
- The front steps lead to a 20m2 hall going to the dining-room (32m2), a large bedroom (25m2) with a side room that can be converted into a bathroom, a separate toilet, a 26m2 bedroom with large fitted cupboard and a 14m2 bathroom with bathtub and toilet, and a small kitchen.
- A beautiful staircase gives access to the different levels.
- The guest rooms are on the first floor. They have all got a fireplace, a shower room with an Italian style shower, a toilet and cupboards:
* A double attic bedroom with beautiful beams and a view over the park and river (16m2).
* A vast en-suite bedroom with an adjoining lounge (that can be used as another bedroom) and the view over the park and river (24 and 12m2).
* A bedroom overlooking the yard and front gardens, with a remarkable bent door to give the decoration a touch of originality (17m2).
* A service door leads up to the attic. It was once the maids’ room. It is divided into 3 adjoining rooms offering a convertible surface of 46m2.
- At garden level, there are:
* A 15m2 dining-room.
* A 30m2 living-room with a fireplace. It opens onto the terrace.
* A separate toilet with stone slabs and a washstand.
* A 16m2 bedroom with shower room (and Italian style shower).
* A 15m2 study with a superb fitted bookcase.
* The main kitchen, 21m2, fully equipped, with a very efficient wood-burning stove.
* The kitchen opens on a 20m2 veranda, a nice winter garden leading onto the terrace.
* A utility room with a large cupboard.
* The access to a beautiful 52m2 vaulted cellar, the ideal place to store great vintage wines.
Around the house:
- There are diverse small outbuildings (covered parking area and storage spaces).
- The property is completely enclosed, with an electric gate. There is a vast yard with flowerbeds and a large patch of lawn in the front.
- The wooded park is listed. It goes all the way down to the riverside walk. You can find various trees, some of them centenarian, like cedar trees or truffle-producing oak trees. There also are bamboos, Mediterranean plants, aromatics, rose trees… and squirrels, various birds or even cicadas in summer.
- Walking along the path to the river, you will come across a superb cave with a central pond and a bit further down, a spring that allows watering all the garden.
- The orchard and vegetable garden with diverse plantations supply good quality products for home-made jams and other cooking.
- The roof has been redone and the external walls cleaned.
- All the ceilings have been redone.
- It is possible to build a pool.
- The telephone and electric lines are underground.
- The manor house is equipped with a lightning rod.
- The Guest House activity generates very good income and there are several possibilities to develop it more.
- Tipo de Inmueble
- tipo vivienda
- Clase especial
- B&B - huésped
- Información extra
- Residencia < 1 HA
- Tamaño de la parcela
- 9.268 m²
- Tamaño de la vivienda
- 400 m²
- Cuartos de baño suplementarios
- Doble acristalamiento
- Internet banda ancha