Charming 18th century Maison de Maître with park of over 5 acres; quiet, edge of hamlet location; 2 bed caretakers cottage and large barn.
Renovated 18th century 7 bed Maison de Maitre with over 260m² habitable space; adjoining enclosed park of over 2 hectares.
Retaining many original character features, the main house has 3 reception rooms, 7 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. Includes separate 2 bed caretakers cottage/ gîte and large barn.
The nearby town of Javerlhac (6km) has a bar restaurant and Montbron (8km) offers full amenities. Limoges airport is 84km; Angouleme TGV (Bordeaux, Paris and even London via Lille) is 36km.
The main house offers over 260m² of habitable space set over two levels with the possibility of adding more through converting the attic that runs the length of the house. There is underfloor heating on the entire ground floor via an aero-thermal heat pump and an oil fired central heating system.
- Entrance hall with wooden staircase to the first floor.
- Fully equipped Kitchen (18m²) with large gas range, granite worktops and integrated fridge, freezer and dishwasher.
- Adjoining dining room (29m²) with stone fireplace and French doors to the front garden.
- Reception/ dining room (31m²) with stone fireplace.
- Lounge (40m²) with stone fireplace.
- 2 bedrooms (14m² and 17m²) with shared en suite shower room (Jack & Jill arrangement) including Italian style shower double washbasin and WC.
- 5 bedrooms (14m², 12m²,12m², 13.5m², 12m²), two with en suite bathrooms (over bath shower, wash basin and WC).
- Family shower room with two showers and double wash basin.
- Insulated attic running the length of the house that could be converted to provide extra habitable space.
A large conservatory attached to the main house formerly contained a large swimming pool – since converted to a fish pond. The pool could be reinstated as the machinery (pumps, filters, etc) has not been removed.
The smaller cottage has an open plan kitchen/ living room (49m²), two bedrooms (8.5m², 9m²), bathroom with shower and wash basin and separate WC. It has its own independent entrance, a new roof, double glazing and electric wall heaters. It offers income potential were it to be used a gîte.
The barn (60m²) also has a new roof and includes a workshop, boiler room and wine cellar.
The 2 hectare plot is mainly behind the buildings and is mainly prairie with some woodland. The vendor uses it to graze her 4 horses (horse trails start from almost outside the property).
A beautiful, charming and spacious property with plenty of character features in a quiet location.
- Tipo de Inmueble
- tipo vivienda
- B&B - huésped - Cámping
- Terrenos HA / legalmente
- Grounds 1-5 HA
- Tamaño de la vivienda (m2)
- 262 m²
- Parcela m2
- 21.206 m²
- Cuartos de baño suplementarios
- Doble acristalamiento
- Casa de huéspedes