Fantastic business opportunity. Successful wedding and group hosting business with equestrian facilities and 5ha land
The current owners have developed an excellent reputation and loyal client base, hosting weddings, training courses, dance courses and school groups in the summer months, with accommodation for up to 150 people. There is potential to develop the business further.
There are currently three types of clients:
- Weddings and other important events (birthdays, christenings etc) – 45% of turnover
- Groups organising courses, training (business, dance etc) – 15-20% of turnover
- Other groups – sporting, musicians, school groups – 15% of turnover
Groups offering summer schools, in particular in dance (there is a very large dance hall with sprung floor and mirrored wall) usually return every year.
The wedding business has developed an excellent reputation in the area, drawing clients from all over France due to the reasonable prices and the capacity to accommodate up to 150 people.
The property comprises
- A Gascon Chartreuse house, built in 1785, comprising 17 bedrooms (some en-suite, some with washing facilities), a large central galleried sitting room with open fire and vaulted ceiling, and owners’ 1-bedroom apartment (approx. 970m2 total habitable space). Gas central heating, double glazing.
- Building comprising professional kitchen, large reception/dining room, games room/childrens’ dormitory and large dance hall (approx. 150m2). Gas central heating - new boiler in 2014
- Workshop and storage
- Stables with 12 loose boxes
- Large indoor arena, currently adapted to host weddings etc. with dance floor and bar (approx. 650m2)
- Dormitory block with 13 bedrooms, communal bathrooms and two activity rooms (currently with beds). Electric panel heaters.
- Small 2-bedroom chalet (approx. 120m2) used as staff quarters
- Large marquee (210m2) with floor and lighting
- 4 yurts (sleeping up to 22 people total) with sanitary block.
Set in the peaceful Gascon countryside, with a golf course nearby, this is a marvellous opportunity to acquire and further develop a thriving business.
- Property type
- Special class
- Guesthouse-bed & breakfast-gites
- Extra info
- Grounds 5-10 HA
- Plot size
- 51,579 m²
- Total living area
- 350 m²
- Caretaker cottage
- Broadband internet