Old Mill with Pigeonnier dating back to 14th century, with the water still running under the property.
Uniquely restored with four bedrooms and two bathrooms. Charming and overflowing with original features, exposed beams, stone walls and fireplaces.
Set in a tranquil garden which is bordered by the River Borréze. In a quiet hamlet but within walking distance of the town of Souillac.
Stunning old watermill with pigeonnier. The origins of this mill date back to the 14th century. It has been uniquely restored and now offers beautiful reception areas, kitchen / breakfast room with four bedrooms and two bathrooms. It’s charming, quirky and overflowing with original features.
The old stone mills are part of the kitchen, there are original beams throughout the house and some stunning fireplaces.
Set in a peaceful location in a quiet hamlet but only a 10 minute walk from local amenities and the main town of Souillac and close to the River Dordogne.
It has a beautiful and tranquil garden with a river flowing by and under the house! Unlike most mills, it also has a sunny disposition. There isn’t a swimming pool but you can take a dip in the river instead!
This watermill dates back to the 14th century with river running around the garden and under the house. It is bursting with character and has a beautiful garden. The original mill stones are now part of the kitchen, there is character in every room from exposed beams, beautiful fireplaces and stone walls.
The property is double glazed except for one bedroom and has central heating which can be run on fuel or by wood.
From the hamlet you enter a small courtyard with parking for two cars.
Entrance door to:
- Glazed entrance porch (3m2), door to:
- Kitchen breakfast room (45m2). Range of base and wall cupboards. Island with cupboards underneath. Wood burning stove for cooking plus a range cooker and separate electric hob. Door to balcony and windows to side. Pellet burner at far end with an office area near main entrance. Original exposed beamed ceiling, tiled floor and original stone walls. Step up to an area for breakfast table with original stone flooring. Doors to:
- Cloakroom (4.6m2) WC, bidet and sink and space for washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Boiler room (10m2) Two boilers giving option of running central heating from wood or oil, separate electric hot water boiler
- Lounge/Dining area (54 m2) Dining area with wooden floor and sliding door to entrance courtyard. Step up to lounge area with tiled floor. Large fireplace with pellet burner. Two windows overlooking the garden and the mill stream. Original exposed beam ceiling. Stairway from dining to upper floor:
- Hallway/landing (24m2) with fireplace and stone chimney breast. All doors off this to:
- Master bedroom (31.3m2) this measurement includes the en-suite. Bedroom with wooden flooring and exposed A frame beams. Two roof windows.
- En-suite. Shower, sink, WC and bidet. Roof window.
- Family bathroom (7.5 m2) Bath, separate shower, sink, WC and bidet.
- Bedroom 2 (12.5m2) Wooden floor, original stone wall, Window overlooking garden, mill stream and river. Exposed beamed ceiling.
- Bedroom 3 (13m2) Wooden floor, window overlooking garden, mill stream and river.
- Bedroom 4 (12m2) Wooden floor, dual aspect, window overlooking garden, mill stream and river and the other window with views up the valley. This bedroom is set on the first floor of the old pigeonnier and is single glazed.
Stairway to top floor:
- Attic (59m2) Opening to outside and to top of pigeonnier
1529 m2 of land. The garden is stunning with the river Borréze bordering the lawn area. The garden is mainly lawn with mature trees and shrubs with a terraced slope stepped with railway sleepers creating a dramatic rockery. The river Borréze, which flows into the Dordogne River further downstream, also branches off and still runs under the house. There is a small bridge from the entrance courtyard over this which leads you down to the garden. Unlike many mills the garden gets the sun all day and all of the windows of the property get the sun and mainly have views into the garden, mill stream and the river. Although there isn’t a pool you can walk from the garden into the river for a dip!
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Garden store
The property is 21 km from Brive/Dordogne airport and 139km from Limoges airport. The A20 autoroute is 3 km. Main shops and restaurants in Souillac which is in walking distance. 7km to the nearest Golf Club. 3 km nearest outdoor pool or the Dordogne River for swimming or for hiring a Canoe.
- Property type
- Mill - Water/Wind
- Plot size
- Grounds 0-1 HA
- Total living area
- 207 m²
- Plot size
- 1,529 m²
- All bathrooms