This fine historical château of 600m2, dating back to the XVII century, remodeled in the XVIII and XIX century, is set in walled-in grounds of 4 hectares with a magnificent garden.
The garden is a French garden, many fruit trees, a vegetable garden, beautiful pond with a signed marble statue of an Italian sculptor.
A large swimming pool (21x11m) with sauna, shower and summer kitchen.
To complete this magnificent property, there is a heliport and two separate outbuildings of 300m2, newly and beautifully restored as guesthouses.
The building, completely asymmetrical, portrays a strong impression of classicism. It is made up of three contiguous bodies.
A first rectangular structure is covered with a high slate pavilion roof. A central building, a little lower, covered with a slate 2-sided roof, rests against one of its large ribs and is extended by the third body. On the main facade, two half-hors-d'oeuvre towers highlight the junctions between these different bodies.
A third tower is attached to the center of the garden facade.
The oldest part of the Château was originally built in 1668 as a wine house. In the underground troglodytes (caves) you can see the remains of the wine presses.
The castle’s ground floor includes 3 reception rooms, an office and a large kitchen.
Upstairs: 9 lovely bedrooms. All the bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms with shower/bath and toilet.
A well-manicured, magnificent integrated surrounding park sets the tone and highlights nineteenth century allure. Ancient trees and statues complete the landscape in the château’s superb verdant grounds.
The property is set south of the Loire River between Chinon and Saumur, in slightly undulating countryside that is cultivated and dotted with woods and church bell-towers.
Paris is 300 km away and can be reached by road via the A10 motorway.
- Property Type
- Category detail
- Total living m2
- 900 m²
- Plot size m2
- 40,000 m²
- Grounds HA or legal
- Grounds 1-5 HA
- All bathrooms