Beautiful riverside setting for this 5 bedroom former watermill with 5 hectares, stables and outbuildings.
A 5 bedroom renovated waterfront property, formerly a watermill and with the original mechanisms still in place.
This property sits in extensive grounds of just over 5 hectares with stables, making it ideal for equestrian use.
The property can be used either as a 5 bedroom house, or a 4 bedroom house with one bedroom gite.
In a peaceful and private location but still under 1.5km to a pretty market town centre where you will find all the day to day amenities. Only 12 km from the larger town of Saint Maixent l'Ecole.
On the ground floor:
· Large reception room 67m² - with fireplace, hardwood parquet flooring, french door to the rear garden and air to air heat exchange system.
· Entrance hall 12m² - with slate tiles, electric radiator and window to the front of the property.
· Kitchen 20m² - with terracotta effect tiles, fitted wooden units with tiled work surface, double sink, and large Godin stove.
· Larder 2.5m²
· Under stair storage 2m²
· Wheel room 31m² - with the original mill mechanism still in place. Slate floor tiles,
window to the front of the property and french doors to the rear garden.
· WC 1.8m² - with toilet and wash basin.
· Second kitchen 30m² accessed from an independent ground floor entrance with stairs leading to a first floor en suite double bedroom. Potential for use as a gite.
On the first floor 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms:
· Landing 39m² - with hardwood parquet flooring, 2 windows to the rear of the property and electric radiator.
· Bedroom 24m² - with hardwood parquet flooring, windows to both the front and rear of the property and electric radiator.
· Bedroom 15.8m² - with hardwood parquet flooring, windows to the front of the property and electric radiator.
· Bedroom 12.6m² - with hardwood parquet flooring, windows to the front of the property and electric radiator.
· Bedroom 15.5m² - with hardwood parquet flooring, wash basin, windows to the front of the property and electric radiator.
· WC 2.2m²
· Shower room 1.5m²
· Bathroom 7.5m² with twin sinks, bathtub, window to the front of the property and electric radiator.
· Mezzanine landing 30m² with hard wood parquet flooring and windows to front and rear.
· Bedroom 21m² - with hardwood parquet flooring, balcony door to the side of the property, window to the front and electric radiator. With built in storage cupboard and stairs leading down to first floor kitchen. This bedroom has a separate en suite shower room:
· Shower room 3.5m² - with sink unit, toilet, shower and electric radiator.
The property sits in beautiful grounds of just over 5 hectares and has numerous outbuildings:
· Summer house 49m² with 3 large glass sliding doors, exposed stone walls and cement floor. New roof.
· Wooden garage 83m² with cement floor.
Attached to the main house:
· Large storage room 52m² with double glass doors to the rear garden, windows to the front and a cement floor.
· Water wheel room 21m² with old water wheel.
· Stables 108m² with 4 large stalls.
La Mothe Saint Heray 1.4km
Saint Maixent l'Ecole 12km
La Rochelle 110km
- Property type
- Mill - Water/Wind
- Special class
- Equestrian - horses
- Extra info
- Grounds 5-10 HA
- Total living area
- 290 m²
- Plot size
- 51,783 m²
- All bathrooms
- Garage car spaces