In an idyllic location above Seytroux, this 3 bedroom " Ferme d'Alpage " is for sale, only 15 minutes from the ski resort of Morzine-Avoriaz.
It as been lovingly renovated to expose all the original feature beams and stonework. Attention to detail and quality of finish is visible throughout the conversion and sets a standard for what can be achieved if a full renovation of the barn above is to be undertaken.
The farmhouse has just been re roofed.
Planning permission has been granted for a show-stopping 5-bedroom chalet, or the building could be split in two to allow for a 4-bedroom chalet above the stone farmhouse. The choices are endless.
Land of 1919m2. The opportunity to buy a refuge like this that is accessible in winter is rare. It is accessible in winter with a 4x4 unless the snow is very deep, on the handful of days like this you need a skidoo.
- Kitchen/dining room with wood burner: Steps up to the farmhouse entrance lead you into a kitchen-diner full of character and light. Using aged wood, the kitchen gives an invitation to view the bespoke care that has been undertaken in the completed farmhouse. This bright space benefits from large wood-framed glass sliding doors, which add a modern edge to this character property. These doors allow for free-flowing and easy access between the kitchen and garden, of south facing aspect.
- Sitting room with wood burner: The spacious and light living room with its impressive wood burning stove give views out over the mountains and forests surrounding the farmhouse.
Angled into an L-shape the living room, with it’s attached snug (or possible 3rd bedroom) gives access to 2 bedrooms.
- 2-bedrooms: One of the bedrooms is equipped with en suite shower and hand basin
- Shower room with toilet: A second shower area is located off the kitchen with the boiler room and this hosts the large pellet burner that economically provides hot water and heating to the property.
- Grange /Barn: The vast barn above the original stone building has enviable potential. The views are unparalleled and the space is enormous.
The current owner has achieved planning permission to renovate this barn area to produce an outstandingly stunning, large, 5-bedroom chalet, and we would be delighted to share these plans to showcase the potential that is on offer.
- Cave/Cellars: The property is not short of Storage in the large barn, plus there are two storage rooms below the farmhouse which are currently used as a wine cellar, laundry room, and a secure place to leave the gardening tools and equipment.
- Garden: The plot has been landscaped to provide maximum pleasure in the summer months, offering a perfect sun trap for barbeques and outside entertaining. There is plenty of parking.
Just over one hour and approximately 60km from the International airport of Geneva, attached to a small hamlet of Seytroux this seemingly remote alpage is within easy reach of Internationals looking for a short-break to the Portes du Soleil.
Seytroux has a very good bar/restaurant, a primary school, a mini golf course and great little natural swimming spot next to the Pizzeria.
Within a 15 minute drive is the bustling resort of Morzine, and this connects up to the high altitude resort of Avoriaz. The popular ski resort of Les Gets is just 20 minutes and, along with Chatel and the Swiss stations, these resorts make up the large ski domain of the Portes du Soleil, known to be the worlds largest linked European ski area.
- Property type
- Ski Property
- Total living m2
- 120 m²
- Plot size m2
- 1,919 m²
- All bathrooms
- Broadband internet