This magnificent property is located at St Lucia Estuary, an international tourism destination, known for its friendly hospitality, scenic beauty, sub-tropical climate, beautiful beaches and wildlife parks.
The 5-star Boutique guesthouse is directly adjacent to the iSimangaliso Wetland Park about 300 m from the Ocean and with many birds and small game like antelopes, and hippos walking through the most beautiful and safest village in South Africa.
The house is designed in a modernist/minimalistic architecture with an African approach creating a unique aesthetic experience with nature, art, luxury and maximum comfort in mind. The 7 spacious guestrooms rooms are bright and have big windows with a wide pivot door to a private garden or balcony overlooking the unique iSimangaliso Wetland Park. The decoration is inspired by the colourful Zulu motifs. Quartz flooring has been conveniently used throughout the rooms, bringing nature inside.
There are 2 large private rooms on the first floor (± 120 m²) with kitchen and bathroom, these can be guest rooms if the owner does not want to live in the guesthouse. On the ground floor, there is a studio apartment for the manager with a lounge, kitchenette and a bedroom with a bathroom. There is a large salt swimming pool, where guests can enjoy the peace and nature from a lounger.
Because of Corona some of the staff was retrenched, but once the Corona problems have been resolved, staff can be hired again. During this period there was a lot of time for extra maintenance and improvements and therefore the guesthouse is in an excellent state of maintenance.
The property and hospitality business are owned and operated by two different entities and will be sold as a going concern. Before the Corona crisis, the guesthouse had a 65-70% occupancy resulting in a good turnover and profit. The seller sells the property with all improvements on it and the hospitality business with all furniture/equipment/linen to run the guesthouse as listed including the intellectual property consisting of the guesthouse license, the client database, network contacts with advertisers and other organisations, the web site and the forward bookings.
SIZES: Plot: ± 2 000 m² - House: ± 850 m²
- 7 guest units with private terraces/balconies, aircon, internet, DSTV and coffee station
- Owner’s accommodation consisting of 2 private rooms (± 120 m²) which can be converted into extra guestrooms
- Apartment for the manager with an open-plan lounge kitchenette and a bedroom with a bathroom
- Guest lounge with bar, library and reading table
- Adjoining covered breakfast lounge adjacent to the roof garden with large fishpond
- 2 well-equipped kitchens and
- An additional guest toilet, shower and bath
- 2 garages
- Saltwater swimming pool 12x5 mtr with rim-flow bordering the Park
- Wooden deck sun terrace at the pool
- Landscaped private garden with indigenous plants/trees
- Large parking area
- 50 kVA generator
- Alarm system with CCTV cameras
- 2 boreholes
- Irrigation system
- Magnificent views into Wetland Park and some sea view
ASKING PRICE: R 16 900 000 + VAT at zero-rating