Beautiful stone house, huge detached barn and 4 hectares of attached land with stream: ideal for horses!
With bags of curb appeal, this lovely stone property is in a quiet and private rural setting and is not overlooked.
The property is very close to the popular leisure Lakes of Haute Charente (sailing, bathing, bars, pedalos, fishing, bird watching, horse-riding) and just 4km from the pretty village of Massignac which has a baker, pharmacy, general store, bar-restaurant and a doctors’ surgery, plus a stunning hotel with a Michelin-starred restaurant.
There are four towns with all facilities within 20km, a 25 minute drive at most, including the historic & picturesque towns of La Rochefoucauld and Rochechouart. Angoulême (high-speed rail links to Paris, Bordeaux, etc 45km) and Limoges airport (low-cost flights to the UK and beyond, 57km) are both an easy 45 minute drive.
Even before you enter, you see the wow factors here: lovely far-reaching views to all sides, huge barn with a recent roof, no neighbours, gravelled drive with two entrances and finally the oh-so-pretty house with its typical shutters and warm stone façade.
The property has been renovated to a good standard with light and airy rooms, and benefiting from double glazing, oil-fired central heating and a conforming septic tank.
The huge BARN (with water, light and power) is just a few steps away and the land is attached to the property, allowing horses or other livestock to be kept close by.
There is a well, a spring and a small stream. Whilst it has that “get away from it all” feeling, the property is in fact only a stone’s throw from everyday facilities.
The accommodation comprises, on the ground floor:
- Farmhouse style KITCHEN (29 m²) with tiled floor, exposed beams, feature exposed stone work, triple aspect, with door to front
- SITTING-DINING ROOM (50 m²) with fireplace with glass insert, doors to front and rear, exposed beams and fireplace with stone surround, brick hearth, and glass insert, leading to
- OFFICE/BEDROOM (14 m² ) currently used as an office but could also be a downstairs bedroom as it is next to the
- SHOWER ROOM (4.3 m²) and
- Separate WC
- Impressive conservatory-style GARDEN ROOM (27 m²) with tiled floor, exposed beam, doors to rear patio and to front of the property and lots of picture windows, affording lovely countryside views
- Separate BOILER ROOM, accessed from outside, with boiler, oil tank & immersion heater
Wooden staircase leading to first floor having wooden floors and exposed beams and stone-work:
- LANDING (7 m²)
- MASTER BEDROOM (17 m²) with wooden floor, exposed beams with tiled EN-SUITE BATHROOM (10 m²) with walk-in shower, slipper bath, hand basin and WC
- BEDROOM 2 (15 m²)
- BEDROOM 3 (15 m²)
- FAMILY BATHROOM (5 m²) with shower, hand basin and WC.
The barn is located to the side of the house but it is not attached. The current layout includes a workshop area, stalls and an enclosed stable plus a huge central space which could be used as a garage or to store a camping car or caravan. There is plenty of room to create a tack room here too.
On each side there are haylofts, and to the side there is a further open storage area for hay.
The land to the rear of the house would make a good spot for a vegetable plot and to keep chickens. Beyond the barn, the land is fenced for horses and slopes gently down to the stream.
A perfect countryside location!
- Property type
- Special class
- Equestrian - horses
- Plot size
- Grounds 1-5 HA
- Total living area
- 220 m²
- Plot size
- 43,672 m²
- All bathrooms
- Double glazing